Intellectual property (IP)—such as your brand, inventions, copyrights, company data and know how—is an intriguing form of currency for a globalised world. In this world IP can be used as a powerful tool to optimise your tax liabilities, business operations and R&D structures.
And registering your intellectual property does not need to be expensive. More likely than not, there is an abundance of IP in your organisation. Such IP should be identified and documented so you can claim the benefits across national borders. For example, your IP can help you minimise your tax, access government R&D schemes, and decrease staff-related costs. You may even be eligible to fully claim the costs of IP protection.
Yet having a plethora of IP assets is not a guarantee of success in its own right. To reap full benefits, you have to optimise your cross-border IP transactions and put in place supporting structures. This may involve obtaining IP in offshore jurisdictions, carefully (re)drafting your IP licensing and franchising agreements or creating other infrastructures, such as IP holding companies.
NCL has in-house expertise in IP registration, audits and cross-border transfers, including IP used solely for tax purposes. Combined with our highly established offshore, legal and tax planning functions , we are able to provide comprehensive and innovative solutions.
Our IP services include:
- Aligning IP, R&D and tax structures to achieve efficiencies and savings
- Packaging your IP rights and negotiating agreements
- Cross-border IP licensing and franchising
- IP audit and due diligence
- IP search and registration globally
- Transfer pricing of intangible assets
- Achieving eligibility for R&D tax credit and related schemes such as the Patent Box
- IP management and renewal services for registered IP.
To confidentially discuss your IP needs with us, please request your complimentary consultation.